The Compleat Lawyer Awards were established in 1992 by the University of South Carolina Law School Alumni Association (renamed the Law School Alumni Council in 2012) to recognize alumni for outstanding civic and professional accomplishments. Recipients are individuals who have made significant contributions to the legal profession and exemplify the highest standards of professional competence, ethics and integrity.
This year, the Law School Alumni Council will recognize nine outstanding alumni at the Compleat Lawyer Awards Reception and Dinner on Thursday, April 24 at 6:30 p.m.
Listing of Past Recipients by Category
Highlights from Past Ceremonies
Compleat Lawyer Award Selection Committee
- Chief Justice, South Carolina Supreme Court
- Jean Hoefer Toal
- Chief Judge, South Carolina Court of Appeals
- John C. Few
- President, South Carolina Bar
- Alice F. Paylor
- Co-Chair, Law School Alumni Council
- James Edward Bradley
- Dean, University of South Carolina School of Law
- Robert M. Wilcox