iPad Apps for Faculty and Students
With much thanks to Terrye Conroy, the Assistant Director of Legal Research Instruction for the Law School's Legal Research, Analysis & Writing program, here are some useful iPad and Android applications, as well as resource sites on iPad apps for teaching, scholarship and productivity. Please note that many "free" apps are limited and require an upgrade to maximize their use.
Blogs and CALI Presentations
Guides for Apps
Apps for Legal Research
Apps for Presenting
- 2Screens: A document manager and viewer application, which also has an integrated web browser and whiteboard.
- ShowMe & Educreations: Free apps that allow you to create whiteboard video lessons and tutorials.
Apps for Productivity/Scholarship
- Box (free): Another cloud based app that allows you to backup, sync & share in the cloud.
- CloudOn (free): Use Microsoft Office with your iPad (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel). Links to DropBox, Box & Google Drive. CloudOn has an Android version as well. site.
- DropBox (free): A cloud based app that allows you to backup, sync and share your files over all your computers. Dropbox has an Apple, PC and Android version as well. You can also login to Dropbox via a browser and access your files as well on their cloud site.
- Evernote: Evernote is an all encompassing application. It allows you to save notes, files, web pages, images and allows you to sync them on all your computers and devices. It also allows you to share your files and collaborate with other users. It has versions for Apple IOS, Android, Windows and MAC OS.
These applications allow you to annotate existing documents, including writing comments, highlight text and other features.
- Adobe Reader (free)
- GoodReader: A PDF annotation application
- iAnnotate: Another PDF annotation application that allows you to markup and share PDFs as well.
Other Teaching with Technology Resources
These are applications for structuring, presenting, and sharing digital information.
- Voicethread: Online conversations with multimedia (basic is free)