Coleman Karesh Law Library
About the Law Library
Welcome to the Coleman Karesh Law Library. This library of over 500,000 volumes is the largest law library in South Carolina and one of the larger in the southeast. The Law Library's collections encompass American law, the legal history of South Carolina, international and comparative law. We believe that you will be able to find here answers to almost any question of law, regardless of its complexity.
The Coleman Karesh Law Library is an academic, research library with the primary goal of supporting the work of the faculty and students of the School of Law and the University. However, the Law Library also actively serves the University community, the government, the South Carolina bar, and the citizens of this state.
A. General Rules
We ask that you follow a few rules which will contribute significantly to the comfort of everyone, and the maintenance of the collection:
- Do not bring food into the library.
- Drinks must be in containers with tops or lids.
- Reshelve the books you have been using.
- Keep conversations, including cell phone use, as quiet and as brief as possible.
- The computers in the law library are for research and academic use. The library reserves the right to ask those not engaged in such use to vacate the machines.
- Computer labs close and copy machines are turned off 15 minutes before Library closes.
Regular hours are:
Sunday 1:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Monday 7:00 am – 11:00 pm
Tuesday 7:00 am – 11:00 pm
Wednesday 7:00 am – 11:00 pm
Thursday 7:00 am – 10:00 pm
Friday 7:00 am – 9:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
NOTE: Admittance to the law school building after 9:00 pm is restricted to USC faculty, staff, students, and members of the bar with proper ID.
Library Faculty and Staff