HELP Homeless Legal Clinic
Purpose of pro bono opportunity
- To provide opportunities for law students to work along side the attorneys and clients
- To provide skills development and enhancement opportunities for law students
- To create an awareness of the problems faced by homeless people
Requirements or qualifications
Law students must
- be in good academic standing
- complete and submit the Volunteer Enrollment Form
- have an interest in serving the indigent and homeless population
Responsibilities of organizations:
Project HELP must:
- agree to properly supervise the work of the law student
- provide clear and timely instructions
- seek opportunities to expose the students to various tasks
- provide feedback when possible.
Responsibilities of the students
The students must:
- communicate effectively and efficiently with Project HELP
- complete tasks in a timely and competent manner
- seek assistance when needed
- perform duties professionally
The following Core Skills may be associated with this particular volunteer opportunity. Not all tasks will contain all of these skills. See the complete Core Competencies & Skills Inventory for more details.
- Core Skill: Oral Communication and Listening Abilities
- Core Skill: Critical Reading Abilities
- Core Skill: Task Organization and Management
- Core Skills: Professionalism
This "Volunteer Opportunity Description" should help provide you with a general sense of this particular organization or project and how you would make an impact. If after fully considering your options you have decided you want to enroll or if you have additional questions go to one of these links, enter your information and submit.
The Pro Bono Program has an open door policy — come by anytime to talk.